The era-transceiver® with optical radio signal is used as interface for the high-speed data transfer from 100 MBit/s to 1 GBit/s. For future applications, where higher data rates are needed, era-contact temporarily develops the next generation with 10 GBit/s.
The era-transceiver® is the interface for the high-speed data transfer between carriages of rail vehicles. Whereas the era-transceiver® works as an active component, it offers a signal regeneration in the network. Another major advantage of the system is the galvanically decoupled connection. This type of transmission is a secure connection to mechanical vibration and electromagnetic interference pulses, thus ensuring high availability in your train.
· Entertainment, video and passenger information systems
· Internet and VPN
· Monitoring systems (real-time video in high picture quality)
· No more need for parallel bus systems (WTB, MVB, train bus)
· Offers signal regeneration
· Galvanically decoupled connection
· Voltage free contact as status inquiry
· Various possibilities for interfaces (RJ45, M12, SC)
· Allows a high degree of imprecise clearance / tolerance
· No coupling forces on contacts
The perfect retrofit solution:
Our system with the era-transceiver® can be retrofitted quickly and easily to existing vehicles. This retrofittable solution ensures you all the benefits of flexibility in rail traffic. The era-transceiver® can be used for refurbishment purposes and, of course, for new vehicles.
ETHERNET UPGRADE Solution
Retrofit your vehicle with our Ethernet Upgrade Solution, which can quickly and easily be mounted to an existing e-coupling.
Our complete retrofit add-on kit:
- Left and right expansion housing (era-transceiver® included) for existing coupling
- Wider flap
- Spacer rings and screws to mount the control arm to the electric coupling